Thursday, May 21, 2009

They got the Poppy Seed Chicken right there between the Meatloaf and Roastbeef!

I laugh even as I begin to write. It is funny how we organize things in our life. What people either see as more important or how they should organize the structure of life. On a smaller scale, Natasha was recently reading through the Taylor Methodist Cook Book. It had the dishes organized alphabetically. This might not seem like a big deal at all but little do you know. The conversation:

"David, I can understand putting the Index in Alphabetical form, that is what it is for"
ME: "Okay"
"But the whole cookbook?"
ME Again: "Yeah....."
"I mean look here, They have the Poppy Seed Chicken right here between the regular ol Meatloaf and some sort of Roastbeef!"

Currently, we had a chicken thawing in the kitchen, This angered her because she just wanted to look through the book for chicken recipes. Now she has to flip through the whole book simply because they didn't have the book divided by type of dish. AHHHH, now I see your problem. It was great. The anger as she continued to flip was priceless indeed. She would eventually set it down and go through one of the 9 cookbooks she has.

One persons organization of the little things in life can be totally different that some one else's. It's just like going into an office and some one saying, "It look a mess but I know where everything is." Yes, true, you do but no one else does.If we all would consider the "customers" in our lives, then maybe organizational skills as whole would raise. If maybe we release the control and/or selfishness of un-organization, then we can better serve the people around us. I will dip deep into serving others as we go along.

Natasha has struggled with organized religion lately, I guess the Methodist are out again. That line is full of humor.

2 comments:

  1. And that is the reason I started inventing my own recipes. :) Oh, and my own worship format. You and Natasha need to go to South Africa with me--for food and religion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. David! You have to tell Tasha I made her poppyseed chicken last week and it was wonderful! Oh, and we always make rice to go with it (I have no idea why), so this time we added it to the actual dish before we put it in the oven, and it was really good. It kinda makes it thicker and makes it go farther.

    Miss you guys :)

    ReplyDelete